First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode is seeking to grow its skillset in supply chain and production. As a member of the team, with broad experience in researching, finding, auditing, developing, and contracting new and novel supply chain partners, the Global Supply Manager will be the backbone of the hardware procurement group.
- Manage strategic partnerships with suppliers, which accelerate delivery of our barely possible and sustainable initiatives
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning
- Create and execute NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase Agreements
- Owner of RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's - ensuring all commercial terms are agreed and documented
- Drive and close price negotiations to balance quality, cost, and delivery terms
- Creating purchase orders and contracts inside of integrated ERP/MRP systems
- Manage change and stop work orders as needed in often ambiguous phases of product lifecycle
- Commodity responsibility liaising with in-house engineering and external supply chain partners
- Lead the vendor selection process with engineering teams
- Manage on time delivery from Supplier to in-house Manufacturing Locations
- Manage respective supplier relationships and dispute resolution
- Translate a concept/assumption into a tangible solution that delivers value
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations
- Leverage advanced analytics capability (machine learning) to automate contracts and move ambient data capture upstream
- Demonstrated experience in global supply management
- Bachelors in engineering, business, supply chain management, related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in global supply management
- Experience developing supply chain business processes from first principles
- Experience developing integrated MRP/ERP systems
- Must be willing to travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors and partners (up to 30%)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.