First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The ideal candidate has a passion for breaking down complex problems, architecting solutions and working with a team to deliver those solutions to the customer. A self-starting attitude and desire to learn everything about the system under design from all disciplines and team members is desired.
- Define and develop system architectures, then lead teams to build and deliver
- Develop software requirements for projects and products
- Support the development of internal technical principles and quality standards
- Support the growth of the technical team through teaching and mentorship
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners
- Minimum 5 years commercial software development experience and familiarity with agile software development processes.
- Demonstrated experience as a solution architect across large program of work.
- Familiarity with developing simulation models, or other HPC models
- Experience developing simulation tools
- Experience leading a technical team through all phases of project lifecycle
- Experience in developing and maintaining systems hosted in either Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Strong Python development skills
- Have experienced one or more complete product lifecycles
- Possess a diverse experience base, with comprehension of low and high-level software
- Experience in development within a multi-disciplinary team; the ability to “reach across the aisle” to other engineering disciplines to arrive at a functional total system
- Passion for teaching and mentoring others
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $156,500 - $233,500
Senior Engineer II: $156,500 - $211,500
Principal Engineer I: $172,500 - $233,500
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.