First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The Supplier Quality Engineer works to ensure the products we buy perform as they need to. You will be involved in all phases of the supplier lifecycle, including supplier evaluation and selection, development and decomposition of engineering requirements, development of statements of work, review of test and inspection plans, and approval of product shipments. You must be comfortable having contentious conversations and defending what is required to guarantee that our suppliers deliver the products we need. As a member of the Quality Assurance team, you will serve a pivotal role in error-proofing hardware procurement.
- Assess candidate suppliers’ competencies and gaps, and develop risk mitigation plans
- Participate in supplier down-selection for specific products
- Tailor quality requirements based on product type and risk level, using industry standards, design specifications, and engineering judgement
- Develop and execute qualification campaigns for new product introductions
- Ensure consistency between internally developed specifications and supplier products
- Travel to supplier facilities to conduct face-to-face meetings and review supplier hardware and processes
- Lead vendors and in-house teams to systematic problem solving for any failure or anomaly
- Drive efficiency improvements at supplier facilities utilizing industry tools like Lean, Statistical Process Control, and Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Manage and track design changes and their impact on existing product and process qualification
- Bachelors in engineering, business, supply chain management, related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in Supplier Quality Assurance
- Experience in Design Engineering, Quality, and/or Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience developing supply chain business processes or integrating QMS/ERP systems
- Proven experience developing suppliers or launching products in often ambiguous development cycles
- Knowledge of quality standards, certifications, and processes
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Understanding of manufacturing and quality processes, and process change management
- Must be willing to travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors and partners (up to 30%)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.