First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
We are looking to add a motivated and enthusiastic Recruiting Coordinator to help us rapidly scale our team of world-class talent. In this role, you will partner closely with our Recruiting and hiring teams to plan, schedule, and facilitate complex interviews, while ensuring every candidate has an exceptional experience. You will need to pay excellent attention to details, have superior organizational and time management skills, and communicate concisely and effectively while managing multiple tasks with a sense of urgency. You are a driven team player who is excited to grow your career in recruiting and help build the barely possible!
- Coordinate a high volume of complex scheduling requests, including phone, virtual, on-site, and multi-candidate interviews, as well as pre-interview syncs and debriefs
- Provide outstanding customer service and guidance to candidates from initial point of contact to the finish line, ensuring each candidate becomes a champion of First Mode
- Multi-task, problem-solve, and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Track required documentation and maintain detailed candidate records in applicant tracking system ensuring a high standard of data integrity
- Provide updates to candidates, recruiters, and hiring teams regarding interview status
- Spearhead continuous process improvements to ensure every step of our recruiting process is exceptional for candidates and fellow employees
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed, and document processes using our collaboration tool
- Arrange travel for non-local candidates and manage reimbursement process
- 2+ years of professional experience in an administrative, coordination, or support role
- 2+ years of experience as a Recruiting Coordinator and/or Executive Assistant
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail, organizational skills, and passion for improving processes
- Solution-oriented, consistent, and able to anticipate both candidate and hiring team needs
- Experience maintaining applicant tracking systems
- Experience scheduling across international time zones
- Experience implementing an HRIS or ATS system, a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and other related software
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.