First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode’s Recruiting team is looking to add an experienced Technical Recruiter to help us rapidly scale our team of world-class talent. This role will be a full-cycle recruiter for variety of technical roles across engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, systems, software, firmware, and beyond. You will partner closely with our engineering executives and hiring teams to help achieve our ambitious hiring goals. The ideal candidate is a driven, professional, and efficient self-starter who is passionate about growing teams of engineers to build the barely possible.
- Full life-cycle recruitment for technical roles including: sourcing, resume review, interviewing, feedback, offer process, and closing
- Partner with hiring managers and executives to understand their hiring needs and help maximize their team’s hiring output
- Use creative methods and tactical sourcing strategies to seek out and engage top-tier talent
- Facilitate feedback sessions and pre-interview syncs with hiring teams
- Work closely with recruiting coordinators to move candidates through the interview process smoothly and efficiently
- Drive offer process, including generating and extending offers, and closing candidates
- Develop hiring strategies based on inclusionary recruiting practices that ensure efficient, effective and objective evaluation processes
- Craft effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Ensure every candidate has an excellent interview experience regardless of outcome
- Represent First Mode with integrity and professionalism
- 5+ years of experience as a full-cycle, technical recruiter
- Experience working in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, especially in technology
- Consistent track record of sourcing and hiring a high volume of technical talent
- Demonstrated success generating candidate pipeline across multiple channels (web/social/professional networks, etc.) including passive search
- Possess the technical knowledge required to conduct initial phone screens and calibrate against job descriptions for a variety engineering roles
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Knowledge of and passion for diverse and equitable recruiting practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adept at multitasking while maintaining superior attention to detail and organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, applicant tracking systems, and LinkedIn Recruiter
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.