First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
The Receptionist is responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day operations, supporting our team. This position will work closely with the Operations, Facilities, Health & Safety, and Marketing to lay the operational foundation at our facility and provide additional support where needed.
- Greet clients, visitors, vendors, and guests; determine the purpose of each visit and directs or escorts them to the main point of contact
- Manage visitor requests and distribute NDA’s and other visitor documents as required
- Verify completion of visitor documentation at time of visit
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming phone calls
- Perform administrative and clerical support tasks to support departments
- Receive mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items
- Packing/shipping packages as needed
- Provide support for the marketing team; order and distribute First Mode employee and candidate swag and gifting
- Assist with SODO/HQ roster and employee desk assignment
- Place orders including general office supplies, janitorial supplies, snack & beverage, and company meals
- Stock kitchen and sanitation stations and monitor for supply levels
- Sanitize of common area surfaces
- Coordinate happy hour and other event supplies and assist with setup as directed
- Other misc. receptionist and administrative support duties as needed
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to build strong relationships to establish and maintain credibility, trust, and confidence with teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira and other related software
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to communicate verbally, and in writing, and ability to handle long periods of screen time
- Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 15 pounds
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.