First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode is seeking a bright and passionate storyteller to drive strategy and content development for our digital platforms. A successful candidate will have a knack for delivering technical subject matter to various audiences, be active and highly engaged in social media, and have a finger on the pulse of emerging platforms and trends.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to establish digital content strategy, success metrics, and ongoing execution of the strategy
- Own end-to-end content development – including copy and identification of visual assets – for First Mode’s social media channels
- Identify and leverage best practices that widen the reach and increase engagement of social media content
- Analyze and report social channel performance to quantify the effectiveness of content and drive scalable, actionable learnings
- Support website maintenance, including updating copy and visuals
- Help build an email campaign platform, including vendor selection, list curation, and reporting
- Support implementation and maintenance of a Digital Asset Management system
- On-the-ground support for content capture at events
- Develop strong relationships with subject matter experts to understand technical subject matter and align content strategy with target audiences
- Maintain brand consistency, particularly voice and tone, and look and feel across content pillars
- Manage and track project budgets
- 5+ years of experience in social media management and digital content creation
- 5+ years of experience with a range of digital tools, including social listening tools, WordPress, Google Analytics, SEO best practices, and e-newsletter services
- 5+ years of experience in Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or other media editing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills – able to be detail-oriented and agile
- Experience with or a passion for learning video production, as well as paid media skills are a bonus
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing a plus
- Must be able to travel between First Mode USA sites with potential to travel to other locations
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.