First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode is seeking to expand its Administrative Office by adding an experienced Executive Assistant to partner directly with the Chief Technical and Product Officer and their organization as we continue to scale rapidly. You will oversee a wide variety of administrative responsibilities, own special projects, and be a champion of First Mode’s culture and values. The ideal candidate is a master at managing calendars, balancing high-priority tasks, and anticipating needs. You are a highly organized self-starter for whom no task is too small. You are proactive, embrace change, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are an excellent listener, flexible, and a problem-solver.
- Calendar and inbox management
- Coordinate meetings, events, and activities, and other general administration as required
- Prioritize items that need the executive’s attention
- Plan and organize events such as workshops, conferences, training events, business dinners, etc.
- Prepare agendas, edit presentations, record meeting minutes, and follow up on action items
- Act as the information hub for the executive, and serve as a conduit and resource to their organization to drive efficiency and efficacy
- Act as eyes and ears for the executive, make recommendations as needed
- Arrange travel, prepare, and submit expense reports
- Improve on and implement new systems & processes
- Assist or lead the completion of special projects as assigned
- 4+ years of professional administrative experience
- Experience building or improving processes
- Experience supporting senior management
- Determined, self-motivated, and eager to take on new challenges
- Highly organized and able to solve complex business issues and schedule conflicts
- Can learn to be comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment by prioritizing situations which require sense of urgency
- Excellent communicator
- Strong visual storyteller
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.