First Mode is a creative engineering company solving the toughest problems on and off the planet, with the goal of having an outsized impact on the world around us. We build the barely possible.
From our state-of-the-art manufacturing and production facilities in Seattle and Perth, we design and deliver resilient, reliable solutions for the most demanding and constrained frontiers in existence. In the last year our engineers built a 2MW hydrogen fuel cell and battery powerplant to retrofit a three-story, 300-metric-ton-capacity diesel haul truck; designed the power source and refueling system for the world’s first endurance race vehicle to be powered by liquid hydrogen; and delivered spaceflight hardware headed 370 million kilometers from Earth to asteroid 16 Psyche.
While each project is unique, we typically meld together robotics, automation, systems engineering, modeling and simulation, and advanced fabrication to create a new future across many industries. If you have exceptional talent and a vision for the future, we want to talk.
First Mode is seeking a bright and passionate visual storyteller to support brand design and content production. A successful candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be able to execute at every step of the design process from concept to final deliverable.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to understand project briefs and create branded content for usage by various global teams
- Ensure that designs maintain brand consistency, meets organizational standards and expectations, expresses ideas accurately, and represents the company appropriately
- Collaborate and execute with multiple teams for a wide range of materials that may include social promo graphics, banners, brochures, presentations, swag, asset packages, and branded templates
- Manage multiple deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects
- Articulate and present work; be able to provide and receive constructive critique
- Identify and leverage best design practices
- Experience in graphic design for print and digital mediums, with a strong portfolio of work
- Proficient knowledge of color theory, typography, and composition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills – able to be detail-oriented and agile
- Proficiency with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and willingness to learn new tools
- Experience with or a passion for learning photography and/or video production
- Experience with 2D and/or 3D motion graphics
- Experience in illustration
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.