First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The Test Operations Engineer will work with the test engineering group to deploy the test infrastructure for unique R&D and production hardware. This engineer will develop test plans and execute test procedures while coordinating test activities across different testbeds.
- Write and review of test plans and procedures
- Executing test procedures
- Coordinating and performing post-test data reviews and analysis
- Supporting test article assembly and connection to the test facility
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ years of proven experience in reading and understanding process and instrumentation diagrams
- Demonstrated understanding of a wide breadth of engineering fundamentals
- Experience with hazardous operations or testing involving high pressure, high energy, or toxic materials
- Hands-on experience with test system components, such as sensors, actuators, switches, valves, electrical connectors, wiring methods, etc
- Occasional travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $106,500 - $162,000
Test Operations Engineer I: $106,500 - $144,000
Test Operations Engineer II: $120,000 - $162,000
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.