First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode are seeking a Key Account Director to help support our rapidly growing customer base. Help support the scaled growth of our NuGen haulage solution initially across the Mining & Rail sectors. You will be a part of a global team covering customers in Africa, Australia, LATAM, the UK & North America. This is an incredible opportunity to set the tone for decarbonization in heavy industry.
- Accelerate the growth of First Mode’s business with several Mining and Heavy Industry customers.
- Interface and build relationships with internal leadership and external customers at the executive and C-level.
- Build credibility with operational staff and support activities with customers from qualification, through to studies, pilots and scaled deployment of our solution.
- Provide a conduit to influence First Mode’s product roadmap on behalf of the customer.
- Develop and execute strategic plans, lead the technical strategy across a range of decarbonization programs and initiatives.
- Work with partners (mining, rail, consortia, energy, government) to extend reach and drive adoption.
- Act as a key member of the Strategic Accounts leadership team.
- 10+ years of leadership experience, proven people management and experience leading large, diverse teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and strong judgement in managing growth and diversity in a fast-expanding, cross-functional organization.
- Proven track record of executing large, highly technical strategic co-development and partnership engagements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as business acumen in determining strategic vision and running a complex technical business.
- Experience in Heavy Industry (Energy, Mining and Metals, Clean Tech, Manufacturing).
- Background of delivering new or disruptive technology programs in large enterprises.
- Blend of experience with large organizations as well as a demonstrated ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, agile environment.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $149,500 - $248,500
Key Account Director I: $149,500 - $202,500
Key Account Director II: $165,500 - $248,500
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.