First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is seeking a Customer Solutions Manager to help support our rapidly growing customer base. Help support the scaled growth of our NuGen haulage solution initially across the Mining & Rail sectors. You will be a part of a global team covering customers in Africa, Australia, LATAM, the UK & North America. This is an incredible opportunity to set the tone for decarbonization in heavy industry.
The Customer Solutions Manager (CSM)'s main focus is to help customers realise sustained business value by accelerating their customer decarbonization journey.
As a CSM, you are a thought leader with a strategic, revolutionary business mindset. You use your technical insight, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to problem solve, challenge the status quo, and align a broad range of multidisciplinary teams including sales, consulting, site deployment, product development and partners.
- Orchestrate a short and long-term vision and strategy for the customer’s decarbonization journey by collaborating with the customer and the First Mode team.
- Build customer engagement at all levels of the organization.
- Own the overall programmatic plan for customer deployment, including multiple parallel streams of work, geographies, and paths for change management.
- Identify & share best practices in customer deployments, studies & adoption.
- Create knowledge sharing mechanisms, both internally and within customers structures.
- Represent the company to internal and external audiences at events such as conferences, trade shows, and lunch & learns.
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale engineering or technical programs with a record of thought leadership, business case development and successful program delivery.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with customer executives, operational staff, technologists and/or partners to solve business problems with advanced technologies.
- A history of problem solving and innovation developing technology programs and working across customer organizations.
- Experience in a matrixed or direct role leading technical and non-technical project teams with an ability to work across diverse functional groups.
- Experience in Heavy Industry (Energy, Mining and Metals, Clean Tech, Manufacturing).
- Track record of being detail-oriented with an ability to self-motivate and work in fast paced, ambiguous environments.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, math, business, or equivalent experience.
- Project management training or certification.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.