First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode are seeking a Customer Engineer to help support our rapidly growing customer base. Help support the scaled growth of our NuGen haulage solution initially across the Mining & Rail sectors. You will be a part of a global team covering customers in Africa, Australia, LATAM, the UK & North America. This is an incredible opportunity to set the tone for decarbonization in heavy industry.
The ideal candidate is flexible, comfortable with diverse industry topics and capable of in-depth technical conversation across numerous engineering disciplines. Skills in proposal writing, business case development and roadmap creation are vital. The candidate should also be comfortable with internal and external communications with clients, executive leadership, and engineering teams. Being able to ask the right questions, identify leading opportunities and develop customer relationships throughout the Capture process is essential. A self-starting attitude, willingness to be challenged outside of a traditional engineering discipline, and desire to learn everything about the system under design is strongly desired.
- Develop a deep understanding of First Mode product capabilities, technologies, and facilities
- Lead technical deep-dive conversations with current and prospective customers to qualify leads
- Respond to customer questions and inquiries about First Mode products and services
- Create and deliver sales presentations and case studies that effectively communicate the benefits of product capabilities to solve customer business problems
- Work with project teams to gather customers' current business challenges and needs to better target future offerings
- Develop and review performance metrics to inform and improve sales process
- Represent the company to internal and external audiences at events such as conferences, tradeshows, and lunch & learns
- Degree in engineering, technical sales or related disciplines and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in planning, creating, and updating proposals and project plans, including budgets and schedules, risks, and tracking performance to plan
- Ability to write and speak clearly about technical and programmatic subject matter to communicate effectively with customers, company executives, and technical subject matter experts
- Experience with a formal Capture or RFP process
- Flexibility and responsiveness in a fast-paced, dynamic, small team environment
- Ability to rapidly absorb and distill information from distinct industries
- Accountability and ownership traits with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- A knack for thinking about how the parts of a system and project work together
- 5 + years of related presales engineering or capture management experience
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.