First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is always looking for rare and unique talent capable of working these problems within a constrained, fast-paced environment. Applicants from all industries or backgrounds are welcome.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) who is keen to make an impact and establish First Mode as a global leader to solve some of the most dire and pressing problems for people and planet. The ideal candidate can masterfully inject project management principles into the engineering practice of concurrent program and product development. The candidate should be comfortable within nuanced technical discussions as well as have the discretion to tactfully message that information to clients, project, and executive leadership. A solid foundation in the project management discipline as well as the curiosity and creativity to adapt traditional practices into a novel and expeditious application will enable success in this role.
- Leads the planning and day-to-day execution of a program, project, or subsystem domain together with the Engineering Lead to deliver program work packages and products
- Applies project management principles and best practices to complex technical problems as an integral contributor to small project teams
- Creates and maintains project management plans based on company best practices
- Forecasts, manages, and statuses milestones and activities related to the respective domain within integrated master schedules
- Closely identifies, monitors, and reports financial data, workload capacity, performance to plan, risks, cost, and other key metrics for program execution
- Tracks action items, burn down lists, co-leading and scheduling team meetings, as well as communicates priorities and status to leadership and team members
- Occasionally communicates with customers, team members, and vendors via videoconference across the globe outside of the PST time zone
- Experience in planning, implementing, and updating project plans, including budgets and schedules, risks, and tracking performance to plan
- Ability to write and speak clearly about technical and programmatic subject matter to communicate effectively with customers, company executives, and subject matter experts
- Commitment to meeting deadlines, sustaining high-quality outputs, marshaling broad expertise towards common outcomes, and employing a meticulous approach to project documentation and standards
- Experience managing projects through a complete project lifecycle (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling, and closeout)
- Ability to review contractual language and other regulatory requirements, and understand the impacts to project requirements and execution
- Accountability and ownership traits with strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- A knack for thinking about how the parts of a system and project work together
- Flexibility and responsiveness in a fast-paced, dynamic, small team environment
- Experience in automotive, sustainability, heavy industry, or natural resources industries
- PMP Certification
- Must be willing to travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.