First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The Business Analyst role is a critical part of both our internal and customer project teams. The roles focus on gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. Targeted research efforts will be used to make strategic internal business decisions. This role operates at the intersection of Business Development, Technical Program Formulation, and Product Development.
- Gather market, customer, minesite-specific, and product-specific insights to support strategic recommendations
- Develop costing, market-fit, and schedule models to support formulation effort
- Support the business development team as they develop, expand, and manage new opportunities across domestic and international markets
- Support customer engagements through targeted research, market analysis, stakeholder engagement, and techno-economic modeling
- Support market forecasting and analysis
- Create and maintain a database of technical competitive intel to ensure the Business Development team are well informed with competitive analyses
- Create and maintain customer relationship maps across First Mode’s client base
- Facilitate and support internal strategy efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a business development, business analysis, management consulting, strategy, or similar roles
- Independently motivated professional with a demonstrated track record of project ownership
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues with the ability to translate into clear written, verbal, and visual communication
- Experience presenting to company executives
- Strong technical and research aptitude
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- This role may require global travel up to 20% of the time.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO with 12 week supplementary paid parental leave
- 401(k) retirement account with a discretionary employer match
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.