First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is seeking a Senior Mining Engineer to join our Operations team and help us develop safe, robust and effective operating strategies and execution plans for our customer’s mine sites. A team player, together with our wider Engineering team you will serve as a subject matter expert on all things mine planning and technical to drive efficient use of our zero emissions systems.
- Support First Mode’s Concepts & Studies teams by providing technical review and inputs
- Develop, maintain and adhere to mine planning, operating and reporting systems.
- Identify opportunities to maximise value to both First Mode and their clients at all times providing safety, health and environmental impacts that are considered and not compromised. Including but not limited to mine, dump, haul route and infrastructure layout.
- Identify and escalate all risks that might affect successful delivery and mining capability.
- Independently conduct Mine Planning reviews, providing suitable recommendations and drive implementation rollout on site.
- Mentor and provide mining technical guidance to wider First Mode teams to technical capability
- Participate in the review and development of mining safety management, process/procedures and training.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Mining Engineer in hard rock, open cut applications.
- Bachelors Degree in Mining Engineering
- Intermediate level Deswik [CAD, LHS modules] although other leading mining software systems would be considered
- Experience in mining and/or supporting infrastructure operations will be highly regarded
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners (COVID-19 permitting)
- Ability to work across multiple timezones
- This position will be located at First Mode’s office in Perth, WA
- Applicants must be eligible for employment within Australia
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Paid-for private health insurance (hospital & benefits)
- 12 week paid parental leave for all parents both secondary and primary carers
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.