First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is expanding globally and we are seeking a Senior People Operations Specialist to support our London office. As our first People Operations hire in the UK, you will have the opportunity to impact the First Mode employee experience by executing, administering, and scaling thoughtful, business critical and people-focused programs. You will partner with stakeholders to develop new solutions to existing People challenges and opportunities, and will collaborate with others across the business to scale our programs globally.
- Serve as first point of contact for UK employees for core HR functions such as onboarding, offboarding, employee relations, total rewards, mobility, company policies and procedures, and compliance
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and ongoing maintenance/updates of HR systems, policies, and procedures for UK-based employees
- Drive knowledge management and communication efforts to support People Operations programs and policies adoption and engagement among managers and employees
- Manage employee relations issues and conduct effective, objective investigations
- Ensure regulatory compliance of policies (e.g. GDPR)
- Improve on and/or build out and operationalize People Ops processes and workflows (e.g. employee terminations, internal transfers, etc.)
- Identify opportunities for automation and efficiency, design processes that enable and delight end users across the business
- Advise and consult management on HR policies and programs, such as leaves of absence and employee relations matters
- In partnership with Benefits, manage benefits enrollment and leave of absence and accommodation requests
- Execute on ad hoc projects that support broader People Ops objectives and strategy · Ensure legal compliance with applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Occasional support for candidate interview facilitation as needed
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience in a fast paced, growing organization
- 2+ years of experience as a People specialist, HR generalist, HR Business Partner, or related role
- Demonstrated competence in broad areas of HR: employee relations, compliance, and compensation
- General knowledge of UK employment law with expertise in compliance, best practices, and trends
- Human Resources certification or professional Human Resources affiliations, a plus
- Ability to use discretion and judgment to resolve sensitive issues; demonstrated integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment by prioritizing situations which require sense of urgency
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve results
- Proficient in HR information systems and MS Office
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and initiatives
- Ability to relate to, influence, and coach across all levels
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and beginning to develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- This position will be located at First Mode’s London office in SoHo and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical and dental)
- Income protection
- Pension with a 10% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Annual leave
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Hybrid work model
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Privacy Notice as it concerns your personal information.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.