First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is seeking to add a Principal Business Analyst to join our Haulage Studies team in Perth. The Haulage Studies team is responsible for concept development and early program definition that will assess where and how First Mode deploys the nuGen Haulage Solution. This role is cognizant of and responsible for the business, market, and programmatic content of the Haulage Studies, which will determine the appropriate system-level haulage solution for both internal and external customers. This role operates at the intersection of Business Development, Strategy and Pricing, Technical Program Formulation, and Product Development
- Represent First Mode’s Australia studies team to national and global external customers.
- Conduct project feasibility and client studies by gathering market, customer, mine site-specific, and product-specific insights to support strategic recommendations within the Haulage Studies team
- Develop costing, market-fit, and schedule models to support the Haulage Studies effort
- Setting project timelines with customers to ensure mutually agreeable deadlines are met
- Support customer engagements through targeted research, market analysis, stakeholder engagement, and techno-economic modelling
- Support the business development team as they develop, expand, and manage new opportunities across domestic and international markets
- Support market forecasting and analysis
- Create and maintain a database of technical competitive intel to ensure the Business Development team are well informed with competitive analyses
- Create and maintain customer relationship maps across First Mode’s client base
- Facilitate and support internal strategy efforts
- Present findings and recommendations to First Mode executives and First Mode’s existing and potential customers
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in a business development, business analysis, management consulting, financial or commercial modelling, feasibility studies, business strategy or similar roles
- Prior experience creating, validating, and utilizing major project financial projects, including capital expenditure estimation, operating expenditure estimation, margin / reserves, and NPV analysis
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues, with the ability to translate into clear written, verbal, and visual communication
- Independently motivated professional with a demonstrated track record of project ownership
- Strong knowledge of the application of costing models to a project
- Experience defining and advising on large scale project or system requirements autonomously
- Experience presenting to various stakeholder groups from company executives to individual contributors
- Strong technical and research aptitude
- Experience in an analytical and customer facing role within the Mining or Resources
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Perth, Australia.
- This role will require the ability to globally travel. This may be up to 20% of the time.
- Applicants must be eligible for employment within Australia
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Paid-for private health insurance (hospital & benefits)
- 12 week paid parental leave for all parents both secondary and primary carers
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.