First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is seeking a Tax Manager to support the finance function on tax strategy, tax compliance and reporting.
Tax Strategy and Risk Management
- Develop the First Mode tax strategy with relevant input from senior stakeholders and majority shareholder’s tax functions
- Support engagement on relevant tax legislation, administration or policy changes, consider their impact for First Mode and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Manage the analysis of new tax laws and the provision of advice on their application to First Mode
- Assist and drive First Mode tax strategic initiatives to create / protect / enhance value from a tax perspective
Tax Risk Management
- Identify and manage tax risks and opportunities and effectively communicate tax issues to senior management
- Support the Vice President of Finance in the implementation of tax initiatives and risk mitigation strategies across First Mode
- Responsible for ensuring First Mode tax obligations are met on a timely manner
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes to ensure tax compliance and engaging necessary experts where necessary
- Provide support on cross border tax issues to support First Mode activities and ensure compliance with local laws
Tax Controls and Reporting
- Develop and implement a tax control framework that is consistent with the majority shareholder’s tax control framework, with appropriate adjustments made to reflect First Mode’s operating environment
- Ensure majority shareholder’s tax reporting requirements are met on a timely manner
- Provide tax input on transactions including M&A and business development opportunities
- University qualification in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Proven track record of having worked in a similar role in the tax field
- Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Adviser.
- Understanding of tax concepts and laws.
- Ability to apply governance and compliance knowledge within the business to mitigate risk and identifies new ways to assess adherence.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior management and other stakeholders effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing continuous improvement ideas.
- Comfortable with business travel to various local and global destinations
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in London, UK and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical and dental)
- Income protection
- Pension with a 10% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Annual leave
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Hybrid work model
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Privacy Notice as it concerns your personal information.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.