First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
As a global carbon reduction company focused on heavy industry, we are looking for our Lead Control & Instrumentation Engineer for the Owners Engineering team on H2 Production and Fixed Infrastructure.
First Mode is seeking to deploy carbon reduction solutions for mining haulage along the globe, acting as Owners Engineering Team on behalf of our clients from Concept Design up to build and deploy of the solution on site. As a member of the technical staff with broad experience in end-to-end plant processes and design, you will be an integral member of the Owners Engineering Team that are designing innovative and first-in-kind green hydrogen production plants.
- Serve in the role of lead C&I engineer on the Owner´s Engineering Team along with other disciplines by acting on behalf of the Client with EPC firms, vendors, partners and other relevant stakeholders for the sourcing and/or production of H2
- Develop and manage design intent, requirements, and equipment/instruments specifications when applicable
- Ownership and cognizance of the C&I scope deliverables required by the Clients Investment Assurance processes, when applicable
- Ownership and responsibility over all the C&I deliverables to be developed by the EPC contractor
- Interface with modeling, simulation, fixed infrastructure on site and product development for design and interface control of the discipline
- Evaluate equipment and instrumentation within the discipline against all applicable regulations and standards
- Act as the subject matter expert in C&I for all applicable technical and safety information
- Identify and ensure safety standard inclusion for C&I and verify compliance in the engineering design
- Support studies and/or investigations into C&I related safety incidents and/or developments and share learnings across the team
- Relevant engineering degree
- 10+ years of experience on processing plant design
- Experience working on EPC firms
- Experience in LNG plants design
- Experience with Concept Design, FEED, detailed design, construction, commissioning and/or operation of an industrial plant
- Experience developing design criteria applicable to the discipline
- Experience in development and review of Layouts for C&I equipment and cableways, signal block diagrams, valves and instruments data sheets and other C&I typical deliverables
- Ability to write and speak clearly about technical subject matter
- Familiarity and knowledge on codes and standards commonly applicable to industrial gas processes
- Experience with Hydrogen production and Liquefaction design
- Ability and experience on leading teams
- Flexibility and responsiveness in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Travel internationally to represent First Mode to its Clients, vendors, and partners
- This position will be located at First Mode’s London office in SoHo and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Paid-for private health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (on top of statutory holidays)
- Generous employer pension contribution scheme
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Hybrid work model
- Daily lunch allowance on in-office days
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Privacy Notice as it concerns your personal information.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.