First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode’s mission is to build the barely possible to enable a sustainable future for everyone, for doing this, we will design and deliver new products and systems that are critical for ultra-low emission mobility, the decarbonization of heavy industry, and the production and distribution of green energy. To be able to deliver the first step towards the heavy industry solution, the Proving Grounds Centralia Project offers a location near Seattle HQ with the facilities required to receive, inspect, assemble, retrofit, and operate our candidate vehicles.
The main objective of the project is to construct a site that, meets the needs for the testing, integration, and demonstration of any FM products and systems. It provides the space, infrastructure, and representative operational environment to not only deploy vehicles but, could be shared to support the wide range of support infrastructure, public policy, and people required to integrate these new technologies into industry. In order to achieve our main goal we are looking for a Site Operations Lead, who will be the head of the Site, manage budget and equipment procurement, interface with the external stakeholders and make sure the site is running well.
- Daily task management write-up and daily safety plan. By interfacing with the HSE lead, the site lead will be doing the daily hazard assessment.
- Develop the mine operations and expenses and capital budget including workforce planning.
- Work on-site equipment and develop maintenance agreements.
- Support the development of site operations infrastructure.
- Participate in the development and execution of Reliability centered Maintenance programs (RCM). This includes master data and functional location development, reliability strategies, maintenance strategies, maintenance programs, spare parts, critical spares, and capital replacement programs.
- Logistical plan and third-party management for Scheduling third-party vendors on site.
- Development and support of operations operating controls and support the development of training and competency development programs. Manage the task training and other MSHA training needs on site.
- Interface with the TransAlta team and schedule the equipment for all the FM activities on site.
- Work collaboratively with the Integration and Testing Team, Health Safety and Environment Manager, Logistics and Assets Manager, and Facilities and Maintenance Manager to understand schedules, equipment needs, and people management processes.
- Monitor site performance, review progress, and cost tracking reports.
- Support the HSE Manager on incidents, near misses, damage, or delays in the construction and activities on the site.
- Maintain the records of hazardous materials, inventory, and permit compliance.
- Maintain both personal action and speech in a professional manner.
- Ensure all maintenance support activities comply with the policies and programs of FM, as well as comply with all environmental, legislative, and regulatory requirements.
- Min 5 years of experience in a mine environment.
- Maintenance planning and maintenance system skills.
- Strong character with exceptional leadership and management skills in a fluctuating environment.
- Be able to handle diverse priorities, with a moving schedule with several stakeholders.
- Be able to effectively present information to all levels of the organization.
- Strong safety culture and commitment.
- Experience with external and internal customer interfaces.
- The ability to work in conditions of extreme heat, extreme cold, vibration, and chemicals including but not limited to airborne and/or skin exposure, high noise levels, confined spaces, and heights
- Ability to wear a respirator in conditions of fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, scaffolding, stairs, ramps, and the like with agility.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours as demanded by the conditions at the operations.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with these certifications:
- Standard and emergency first aid
- Respirator fit testing
- H2S Alive*
- Asbestos safety
- Fall protection
- Confined space entry
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
- Must be able to work weekends as needed.
- Must have a diver license.
- Proven leadership, communications, community relations and problem-solving skills and abilities, familiarity with state and federal regulations, knowledge of plant and equipment operation and utilization
- This position will be located at First Mode’s proving grounds in Centralia, WA and will be required to work on-site 5 days per week.
Base Salary Range: $87,000 - $118,000
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.