First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode’s mission is to build the barely possible to enable a sustainable future for everyone, for doing this, we will design and deliver new products and systems that are critical for ultra-low emission mobility, the decarbonization of heavy industry, and the production and distribution of green energy. To be able to deliver the first step towards the heavy industry solution, the Proving Grounds Centralia Project offers a location near Seattle HQ with the facilities required to receive, inspect, assemble, retrofit, and operate our candidate vehicles.
The main objective of the project is to construct a site that, meets the needs for the testing, integration, and demonstration of any FM products and at the same time provides the space, infrastructure, and representative operational environment to not only deploy vehicles but, could be shared to support the wide range of support infrastructure, public policy, and people required to integrate these new technologies into industry. In order to achieve our main goal we are looking for a Front Desk / Site Support Coordinator. You will be helping FM to set the site up for operations, some of the responsibilities are coordinating third-party supplier operations, assisting with office build-up, receiving packages and people, maintaining light-duty vehicles, and others. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have good organizational skills and attention to detail, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to follow work instructions, cooperate with co-workers; demonstrates an attitude of helpfulness, and has a teamwork mentality to drive continuous improvement.
- Identifies the preferred method of support for the executive and appropriately accommodates their working style. Partners with the executive to help them be efficient and effective with their time, consistently maintaining strong communication.
- Mange site visits on the calendar
- Maintains, organizes, and archives Outlook calendar, communications, and folders as appropriate, keeping the executive well-organized and aligned to Company records and retention schedules.
- Support site preparation activities as needed.
- Check-in visitors on site: MSHA trained Site Hazardous training, agenda, and activities check-in. Track working spaces and team members on site.
- Third-party vendors check-in and escort (weekend if needed).
- Site order maintenance and clean up.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Keep track of power plant deliveries and coordinate with warehouse manager on pick up of packages.
- Optimizes travel arrangements (e.g., transportation, accommodations, agenda, visa/passports) based on the executive’s travel needs and preferences. Manages complex itineraries, including any changes. Completes related expense reports.
- Assists the executive with preparing for meetings, including preparing materials, obtaining materials in advance, distributing materials, and keeping the executive on schedule. Obtains appropriate support for virtual attendees as well as various media needs and other logistics.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant supporting senior leadership and/or Project Management experience
- 3 years’ of Microsoft software experience (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and other programs as required) as well as use of Internet/Web
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collegially within a team environment in open concept office area
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and support multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Hands-on approach and taking initiative in resolving issues/concerns
- Be able to have fun with a wonderful team and enjoy the journey!
- Must be able to work weekends as needed.
- Experience with these certifications:
- Standard and emergency first aid
- Respirator fit testing
- H2S Alive*
- Asbestos safety
- Fall protection
- Confined space entry
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
- This position will be located at First Mode’s proving grounds in Centralia, WA and will be required to work on-site 5 days per week.
Base Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.