First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The Mechanical Test Engineer will design and implement various projects in our Seattle test cell. They will be responsible for designing and deploying tooling to enable more efficient use of space within the facility.
- 2D/3D design and mechanical drawings for test fixtures and tooling
- Structural analysis of test fixtures and tooling
- 2D/3D design of test facility fluid, gas, electrical, and controls routing
- Work with technicians, engineers, and vendors to fabricate and/or assemble test fixtures
- Communicate key milestones and deliverables to stakeholders
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Experience in static, dynamic, and/or thermal analysis of mechanical systems
- Experience with NX CAD and Teamcenter PLM systems, but not required
- Occasional travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners and to coordinate with the FM Team in Australia
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $120,000-$178,500
Mechanical Test Engineer II: $120,000 - $162,000
Senior Mechanical Test Engineer I: $141,000 - $178,500
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.