First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
- Provide technical leadership on how to quantify and weigh pros and cons across technical, financial, sustainability, operational, social, and political factors to evaluate the suitability of a nuGen Haulage Solution compared to alternative options at specific customer mine sites.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to inform the aforementioned multidisciplinary factors driving the suitability of one solution over another.
- Work with team modeling and simulation engineer(s) to conduct data analysis of haulage archetype performance. This includes coming up with means of quantifying otherwise more qualitative impacts on mine site operations and planning.
- Work with supporting mine operations, mine planning, and costing engineers to coordinate the quantitative evaluation of solution viability.
- Manage the ambiguity inherent in early phase feasibility analysis, in which only a fraction of questions can be addressed. With that in mind, provide clarity of thought to keep the team focused on factors significantly impacting solution viability, guiding the team efficiently towards reasonably high-fidelity recommendations.
- Compile succinct documentation and present clear narratives on findings and recommendations to the team, to other internal stakeholders (partner teams and executives), and to prospective customers. This role will include significant customer interaction.
- Work to deadlines and, to that end, support the identification of creative analytical solutions when pre-existing simulation baseline work is not yet sufficient to draw necessary, preliminary conclusions on time-critical questions
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline, or similar experience
- 5+ years of experience in roles requiring system-level, multi-disciplinary thinking, or analogous experience
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and bridge gaps between different means of thinking
- Independently motivated professional with a demonstrated track record of project ownership
- Willingness to dive into complex, multidisciplinary problems with an ability to provide the form that enables others to contribute to the larger objective
- Bachelors degree in a science or engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
- This position will require up to 20% international / global travel
Base Salary Range:
Senior Systems Engineer II: $156,000 - $211,500
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.