First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems. We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
Join First Mode as a Strategy & Pricing Analyst and help shape the future of clean tech in heavy industry! Working within our Commercial Function, you'll help to develop the pricing strategies for our innovative nuGen™ solutions and see them integrated into our end-to-end commercial models.
The role blends techno economic appraisal of hydrogen-based and directly electrified systems, financial modelling, the analysis of different business models and commercial structures, and the synthesis and communication of key findings to internal and external audiences.
We're seeking a versatile, analytical, proactive individual with strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail. Candidates should be excited to collaborate with specialists across First Mode’s commercial, technical, and customer teams and motivated by the opportunity to see their work shape the commercial direction of a fast-moving scale-up.
- Develop forward-looking cost and pricing models for First Mode’s clean tech offerings and competing technologies
- Analyse alternative commercial structures (outright purchase, asset finance / leasing, project finance etc.) for their financial implications for customers, First Mode and our partners
- Collaborate closely with the Haulage Studies formulation team, which is responsibility for assessing the technical and technoeconomic feasibility of a variety of clean tech solutions for future customers. As such, be responsible for gathering market, customer, mine site-specific, and product-specific insights to support feasibility assessments.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders across the Commercial, Technical, and Operations functions to develop sophisticated commercial appraisals of complex systems
- Engage market participants to ensure cost models are representative of the engineered systems and validate key model assumptions
- Develop and maintain documentation related to commercial appraisal activities, including calculation methodologies and assumption databases
- Prepare information packs to communicate key commercial performance indicators to internal and external stakeholders. Audiences include FM executives, engineering teams, customers, investors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a role focused on financial analysis and commercial evaluation
- Previous experience creating financial models and developing comparable financial appraisals of technical products and solutions (DCF, capital budgeting emphasis)
- Highly proficient in Excel-based modelling and data analysis (expectation this is a core component of any candidate’s current role)
- Clear visual, written, and verbal communication of key findings to both specialist and more general audiences via MS PowerPoint; experience with data analysis & visualisation software (Tableau, Power BI etc.) would also be valued.
- A familiarity with fixed infrastructure projects, alternative fuel / power technologies and the energy industry would be an advantage; a genuine interest in these areas is essential.
- Basic coding proficiencies an advantage but not essential
- The role requires an independently motivated individual with a demonstrated track record of task ownership and initiative-taking, well-developed analytical capabilities, and rigorous attention-to-detail.
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range:
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.