First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. Reporting to our Senior Manager FP&A, you will perform a variety of financial activities including budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, scenario planning, business analysis, and performance reporting. You will work with our business teams to develop, execute, monitor strategies, and action plans that support their growth, performance, and future objectives.
You will draw on an overall understanding of finance, business objectives, market, and industry-leading trends to develop progressive FP&A solutions to First Mode. You will partner with our business teams in all locations to implement scalable systems for our rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will have experience in delivering FP&A projects, preferably within a manufacturing or engineering-based environment.
- Assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting activities. Partner with the business teams to translate First Mode strategic objectives into actionable financial plans.
- Assist in workforce planning to support financial planning of open requisitions and annual budget.
- Work directly with business teams to develop, administer, and maintain dashboards, metrics, reports, and templates used in the budget / forecast process.
- Assist in the month-end closing process, monitoring variances, analyzing metrics, identifying trends, and providing recommendations for improvement and optimization.
- Develop financial models to support long-range planning and capital investments analysis.
- Work closely with inventory & cost accounting, manufacturing, product development, and supply chain to establish accurate standard costs.
- Verify data reconciliation from various systems to the general ledger and budgeting systems.
- Act as a system expert and resource to business team leaders and managers to improve financial skills and overall professional success. Provide ongoing support and coaching relating to budgeting, financial modeling, processes, and systems.
- Ensure that all First Mode financial and accounting policies are understood and adhered to by the business teams.
- Encourage collaboration within key departments and cross-functional projects to improve the operational efficiency. Identify areas for improvement and cost savings and be a proactive advocate for change through business process analysis.
- Perform other ad-hoc projects as requested by management and other assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of budgeting, forecasting, planning, and reporting methodologies.
- Data-driven, decision maker and pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them.
- Excellent partnering, influencing, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills to engage participants.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement process skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advisor, and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking, and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and the Office Suite.
- Familiarity with ERPs and planning systems such as Adaptive Planning a plus.
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $90,000 - $135,000
Financial Analyst II: $90,000 - $114,000
Senior Financial Analyst: $107,000 - $135,000
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.