First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The Facility Manager is responsible for overseeing the safe day-to-day operation and maintenance of a First Mode Facility. This position will execute and monitor multiple and varied projects and operational policies at our facility that lead to continuous improvement, ongoing efficiencies, and excellent service to First Mode’s internal and external constituents.
- Lead and oversee the operation & maintenance of a single office space/workshop facility in collaboration with our global facilities team
- Work closely with management and functional leads to ensure facility is fit for teams to use, space management, assisting with ad hoc tasks related to facility configuration, logistics, and internal-external organization efforts
- Advise RFM on capacity/capability constraints, facility improvements, issues with safety EHS protocols or process improvements, office/facility/services budgeting, operation expenditure, monthly reporting and cost savings
- Assist with facility expansions, new facility renovations / build-out, hiring of additional staff as required including managing/mentoring support team (conducting performance reviews, delegating tasks)
- Assist with the delivery of all Facilities Management services, lessor liaison and contract management
- Maintain day-to-day operations of facility, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders and coordinating routine maintenance/inspections on facilities as needed
- Manage facilities ticketing system, ensuring items are handled accordingly, resolved in a timely manner, and tracking KPIs
- Own vendors/contractors, and oversee communication with landlords on any maintenance, repair or new construction as needed
- Coordinate improvement details, servicing, and maintenance requests to First Mode approved contractors or building maintenance team
- Ensure compliance, documentation of, and adherence to policies amongst engineering/contractor teams and responsible for all facilities-related documentation/communications
- Manage the office configuration, space plans, and facility improvement contracts, assisting with special events, and managing coordination of guests to ensure safe, functional, presentable environment at the facility
- Collaborate with EHS team to ensure a safe working environment
- Bachelor's degree relative to field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a facilities management role
- Valid WA state driver's license
- Technical understanding of commercial real estate leases, management, and maintenance
- Familiarity on building inspections and operations to determine vital services, repairs/maintenances required
- Experience in subcontractor procurement and management
- Experience managing company budgets relative to facilities
- Experience learning and implementing new programs relative to facilities
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with setting up or re-configuring engineering workshops
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to communicate verbally, and in writing, and ability to handle long periods of screen time.
- Requires daily walking of the facility, as well as occasional driving between the First Mode local facilities, including occasional support of regional facilities up to 100 miles away
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally operate heavy machinery.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Duties are performed both in the office and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Onsite 5 days per week
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office 100% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $37.19-47.03/hr
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.