First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode are seeking a highly motivated and organised Agile Delivery Manager (ADM) to join our team and drive the successful delivery of projects across our digital organisation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in delivery management and a track record of delivering complex projects on-time and within budget.
You will play a critical role in driving the delivery of high-quality products and services by leading cross-functional teams through the Agile process. Your focus will be on continuous improvement, embedding a culture of learning from past experiences and ensuring that lessons are incorporated into future projects. You’ll support the team with day to day challenges - removing blockers, coordinating dependencies, collaborating with business stakeholders and empowering the team to deliver value to our customers.
The Digital team prides itself on building an environment of trust and transparency; ADM’s will ensure the team is performing to the best of their abilities, are healthy and content.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional who is passionate about Agile methodologies, team collaboration, and fostering a culture of improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams across multiple global locations to deliver on common goals and objectives
- Empower teams to agree on a common delivery plan and be a strong leader to work through solutions with stakeholders
- Competent technical background and the ability to be credible with architects and other technical stakeholders within the business
- Confident communicator who will facilitate planning and refinement meetings
- Passionate about high quality delivery
- Plan and execute projects from start to finish, ensuring timely delivery within budget
- Manage project risks, issues, and dependencies, and develop contingency plans as needed
- Strong technical background, with expertise in software development or a related field
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Contribute to our First Mode Delivery Community of Practice
- Agile methodology - thorough understanding of agile methodology, including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and other methodologies. You will need to be able to apply these methodologies to project management and product development.
- Team management - the ability to manage and motivate a team of developers, testers, and other stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Project management - strong project management skills, including the ability to create and manage project plans, track progress, and identify and mitigate risks, opportunities and issues.
- Communication - effective communication skills to facilitate effective communication within the team and with external stakeholders, including customers and senior management.
- Leadership - the ability to lead and inspire a team, and to foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Problem-solving - the ability to identify problems, analyse data, and develop and evaluate potential solutions to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Continuous improvement - commitment to continuous improvement, including the ability to identify opportunities to improve processes, products, and team performance.
- Business acumen - good understanding of the business and industry to ensure that projects align with the company's strategic goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Miro, as well as strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to adapt to changing project requirements, work in a fast-paced environment, and respond effectively to emerging challenges
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with the industry in which the First Mode operates, providing context and understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities in that sector
- Experience in using data and analytics to inform decision-making, ensuring that decisions are based on objective evidence and contribute to project success
- The role is based from our London office where typical working days are Tuesday-Thursday, that being said we favour flexibility over fixed days so are happy to discuss what might work best for you
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical and dental)
- Income protection
- Pension with a 10% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Annual leave
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Hybrid work model
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Privacy Notice as it concerns your personal information.
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.