First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode is seeking to grow its Manufacturing Engineering team. As a member of this team you will work on design for manufacturability, manufacturing methods, and overall production system. While the work will involve an advocacy for the simplicity in design of production parts to aide in the assembly of large-scale vehicles, the focus will be on the higher level production of assemblies and vehicles.
- Develop production layouts and processes for managing the flow of parts, people, tools, and information
- Conduct trade studies on different production system designs and manufacturing methods, equipment, and tools
- Represent manufacturing stakeholders and related disciplines such as quality, safety, ergonomics, operations, and maintenance, during design development, advocating for manufacturing best practices
- Support make/buy decisions, evaluating the suitability of production houses, and serve as the primary interface between the design team and the production house
- Define and implement work breakdown structures, production process, operating and installation plans, and specifications
- Estimate process durations and resource requirements
- Create production tooling requirements and specifications while leading acceptance testing and commissioning
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or related degree program with equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in manufacturing heavy industrial equipment
- 3+ years of experience with CAD software, creating and interpreting design drawings and specifications, and producing installation plans and drawings
- Experience in early-stage product and production system development
- Familiarity with manufacturing skills such as Six Sigma, Lean, theory of constraints, and Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with production methods related to assembly of heavy equipment
- Ability to efficiently implement engineering solutions on manufacturing processes based on product design changes
- Experience with the assembly and integration of large-scale power electronics
- Ability to write and speak clearly about technical subject matter
- Flexibility and responsiveness in a fast-paced, dynamic, small team environment
- This position will be located at First Mode’s office in Perth, WA
- Applicants must be eligible for employment within Australia
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Paid-for private health insurance (hospital & benefits)
- 12 week paid parental leave for all parents both secondary and primary carers
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspaces with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.