First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode Is seeking an Electrical Technician to support our Proving Grounds Centralia site and operations team and will be responsible for the safe installation of test equipment, including power supply and distribution, cable assemblies, test equipment and electrical devices. They will also be responsible for championing and enforce Mine Site electrical processes and best practices, with emphasis on energy isolation and documentation practices. The successful candidate will work closely with the engineering team in this dynamic test environment, so this opportunity best suits someone that is comfortable working from high level requirements.
- Strong focus on safety
- Support the electrical test environment. Provide input into planning for test and development exercises, including procurement of tools, parts and equipment and subsequent inventory management
- Assemble electrical systems within the test and development environment, including fabrication of both control level wiring harnesses, power distribution cabling, and general connection of electrical equipment for use by the engineering team
- Support the as build design, assembly, and commissioning of infrastructure electrical systems in coordination with our site operations team, product teams, and third party contractors
- Testing and troubleshooting of assembled electrical systems, working closely with the engineering team to perform fault discovery and analysis
- Manage and coordinate with commercial electricians and/or contractors as required for upfit and maintenance of onsite PGC facility and onsite heavy equipment.
- Experience working with electrical machines, including motors, motor controllers, generators and high energy battery systems
- Experience working with DC systems, including rectifiers and battery systems
- Experience in fabrication and assembly of electrical systems, including switchboards, terminal boxes and cable assemblies
- Ability to read electrical technical documentation, including single line diagrams, electrical schematics and equipment data sheets
- Experience working with electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic test and development environment, often working from high level requirements
- Experience working on electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles and associated electric drivetrains including Battery systems
- Assembly of electronics, including soldering, cable harness assembly, and testing/re-working printed circuit boards including board level component replacement.
- WA Electrical license
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Completion of the following modules of the Electrical Contractor Training Program (or prepared to undergo training)
- Operation (Electrical) Legislative Requirements
- CPR LVR or prepared to undergo training
- First Aid or prepared to undergo training
- MSHA Green card or prepared to undergo training
- This position will be located at First Mode’s Proving Grounds in Centralia, WA and will be required to work on-site 100% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $34/hr-$36/hr
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.