First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
First Mode Is seeking a Mechanical Technician to support our Proving Grounds Centralia site and operations team and will be responsible for the safe installation of new low emission power systems into existing heavy equipment. They will also be responsible for championing the safe use of support equipment and the procedures defining their use. The successful candidate will work closely with the engineering team in this dynamic retrofit/test environment, so this opportunity best suits someone that is comfortable working from high level requirements.
- Strong focus on safety
- Responsible for the assembly of our reduced emission power systems and associated infrastructure at our Proving Grounds facility.
- Responsible for the installation, care, and maintenance of FM owned machinery and equipment on site.
- Interpreting complex mechanical and electrical drawings & schematics and deriving assembly sequences from CAD or other digital formats.
- Work with the site operations, engineering and manufacturing teams to develop the work instructions and processes and lead the builds from an assembly standpoint.
- Trouble shooting of build related issues and documenting build or process deviations encountered
- Review, edit and follow work instructions for assembly task
- Be a hardware level champion of process optimization and build improvements
- 3+ years of experience in precision assembly with an emphasis on mechanical or electrical skill sets
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability with hands on builds / projects.
- Knowledge of reading electrical and mechanical prints and familiarity with GD&T.
- 5+ years' experience in a heavy equipment repair or manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems used in heavy machinery. hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical components commonly used in heavy machinery.
- Familiarity with hydrogen fuel cells, high voltage battery systems and/or power generation systems
- Hands on experience with metal working equipment (machining and fabrication techniques)
- Experience with rigging and lifting heavy components >500lbs.
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around critical infrastructure.
- Ability to document and maintain accurate records, strict procedural compliance.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and other related software.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally operate heavy machinery.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position will be located at First Mode’s Proving Grounds in Centralia, WA and will be required to work on-site 100% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $34/hr-$36/hr
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.