Please read this statement carefully to better understand how we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- telephone numbers.
- email addresses,
- billing information,
- candidate information, and
- site collected information (examples: cookies, log files, device identification, analytic services, and other tracking technologies).
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways; generally, these categories include (but are not limited to):
- use of our website http://www.firstmode.com or any other website or application we operate,
- any business engagement,
- shareholder communication,
- safety and security interaction,
- community engagement,
- from media and publications,
- from other publicly available sources, and
- from third parties.
We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorized third parties and you visit them at your own risk.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of:
- manage and operate our business,
- improvements (for example: deliver a better experience, diagnose technical problems),
- marketing, promotion, and communication,
- log data and activity tracking,
- providing information to our clients,
- recruitment, and
- undertake and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information includes information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained,
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose, and
- With your consent; or where required or authorized by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in several circumstances including the following:
- Our Third-party providers that perform tasks on First Mode behalf, for example: payment processing and web site hosting. First Mode understands privacy is imperative and seek out those providers in the market that share these values.
- In the event of Merger, Sale, or Change of Control,
- Aggregate information on user interests and behavior, and
- Where required or authorized by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure.
Considering the nature, scope, context and purposes of Processing Personal Data as well as the risks of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, First Mode has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure and to be able to demonstrate that its Processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with Applicable Data Privacy Laws. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed or legislatively required to be retained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
First Mode and its affiliated companies will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
To protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
542 First Avenue South, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98104 | USA